Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Good Story 263: Murderbot Diaries (Books 1 - 4)


Julie has watched all 397 episodes of The Rise and Fall of Sanctuary Moon. Three times. Scott missed most of the episodes because he had to convince the security system that everything is normal, thank you very much.
Episode 263: The Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells, Books 1-4. (All Systems Red, Artificial Condition, Rogue Protocal, and Exit Strategy)



Download or listen via this link: |Episode #263|

Subscribe to the podcast via this link: Feedburner

Or subscribe via iTunes by clicking: |HERE|


We've added a couple of pages to this blog that we'll add to over time!

Our Favorite Books.

Our Favorite Movies.

If you'd like, leave a comment with your suggestions!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful series. I'm right on board with you, Julie, about being a bit disappointed #6 was set before Network Effect, but hopefully the upcoming novels will move forward. The Tor deal was for six books, three more Murderbot books and three whatever else she would like to write.

    I think both of you are way off base with Murderbot's gender. Definitely an it, but if you HAVE to assign gender, male, not female. It would be interesting to take a vote and see who feels which way. Personally, I honestly have no trouble thinking of Murderbot as a non-gendered person.

    You should both really, truly take a look at some more of Martha Wells' backlist. I suggest you might start with Cloud Roads, which is the first book of a series, but self-contained. It's very different, of course, but I think you would really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I think Julie agrees with you on gender, shehad no issue thinking about Murderbot as a non-gendered person. It was me that couldn't stop thinking of it as gendered. I'm moving forward in the series keeping that in mind.

      And thanks for recommending Cloud Roads!

      Delete
    2. Hi Rachel! Yes, I really had no trouble thinking of Murderbot as a robot, essentially - which means no gender. Although I did, of course slide into the he/she thing. I will look for Cloud Roads! Thank you for the suggestion!

      Delete