Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Good Story 284: Jaws (1975)


If Scott has to listen one more time to Julie telling that joke about finding hidden depths in Jaws, he's going to ship off with crazy Captain Quint. Episode 284: Jaws (1975), directed by Stephen Spielberg.

Podcasts Julie mentioned:
Classic Movie Musts
The Soundtrack Show

And here's a lovely Quint's Shark Fishing t-shirt at Last Exit to Nowhere


Download or listen via this link: |Episode #284|

Subscribe to the podcast via this link: Feedburner

Or subscribe via iTunes by clicking: |HERE|


We've added a couple of pages to this blog that we'll add to over time!

Our Favorite Books.

Our Favorite Movies.

If you'd like, leave a comment with your suggestions!

6 comments:

  1. I just spent twenty minutes meandering through the t-shirt website. So many awesome options! I wish I was still living in England so I could go to their place. I'm going to a 1980s dance this Friday and would love to wear a Cyberdyne t-shirt or Nakatomi from Die Hard.

    Great podcast, as usual. For me, this is one of the few movies that's better than the book (also almost any adaptation of Moby Dick). I read somewhere recently that Spielberg considered Jurassic Park a sort-of sequel to Jaws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read enough about differences between the book and movie to agree with you. They had to strip the story to basics to fit it into regular movie running time. I think that was a huge advantage for the film.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ug, thank you! That's an error. This is #284. Correcting now!

      Delete