Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Good Story 270: Three Episodes of Star Trek TOS


Julie swept floors to earn money for the vacuum tubes Scott used to record this podcast. Those tubes held on just long enough to talk about three Star Trek episodes from the Original Series: Enemy Within, Balance of Terror, and The City on the Edge of Forever. Episode 270!



Download or listen via this link: |Episode #270|

Subscribe to the podcast via this link: Feedburner

Or subscribe via iTunes by clicking: |HERE|


We've added a couple of pages to this blog that we'll add to over time!

Our Favorite Books.

Our Favorite Movies.

If you'd like, leave a comment with your suggestions!

3 comments:

  1. Great outro music...luckily no one else was around when I heard it otherwise there would have been fisticuffs.

    I've tried a couple of the new Star Trek shows (Discovery and Lower Decks) and was very unimpressed. Neither made it past three episodes. I heard Picard had an unsatisfying ending so I didn't even try it. Happily, I've been watching Deep Space Nine as my "work out buddy," so I've been watching two or three episodes a week. It's really good though in Season Six (where I am now) it gets a bit soap opera-like. The handling of religion is a lot more interesting, especially as Sisko deals with being the Emissary for the Bajorans.

    Oh, and the only other line to know from Star Trek V (aside from "What does God need with a star ship?") is early on. Kirk, Spock, and McCoy are camping together out in the wilderness. McCoy makes dinner, which includes beans. Spock comments that there's a strange flavoring. McCoy says he added some bourbon. Kirk quips, "Beans and bourbon, an explosive combination." But don't bother watching the movie just for that line.

    Thanks for the great podcast! My local library had the Jo Walton short story collection, so I've already read the St. Zenobius story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joseph!

    I did watch Picard because I couldn't help it. The ending was unsatisfying, but toughest for me was the permeating sense of dread and dystopia throughout. Picard was no longer living in an inspirational future.

    Still, I think I will watch season 2 of Picard but don't expect to watch any of the others that are being produced.

    Beans and bourbon! I completely forgot that line. I must watch that horrible movie one more time. :D

    --sd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph, I love that line though it will not make me watch the movie for it! :-D

    ReplyDelete